Winter is the perfect season for family photos, especially in Sisters, Oregon with its snow-capped mountain views of the Three Sisters Mountains. The breathtaking scenery makes for a perfect backdrop for family photographs.
The crisp, clear air and snow give an ethereal, magical feel to the photos. However, it does take a bit of planning to book a winter family photo session in Central Oregon if you would like Mountain views.
1. Choosing the right day with optimal weather is key to seeing the Mountains in all their glory! If the clouds roll in, the mountains can easily hide.
2. Dressing up appropriately Winter wardrobe is all about layers. Dress your family in warm, comfortable layers that complement the surrounding. Opt for earthy tones or to create a pop of color, go for vibrant hues like red, green, or blue. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes that have a good grip, as the snow may be slippery. Also, consider bringing extra clothing, such as gloves, hats, and scarves that can be added or removed to provide variety to the photoshoot.
3. Picking the right location Sisters, Oregon is a fantastic location for winter family photos. The snow-capped Three Sisters Mountains offer an exquisite view for the backdrop.
4. As your photographer I know the spots that have winter accessibility, as some areas may be challenging to reach in snow-covered terrain. So we will plan ahead of the right location.
4. Timing is KEY!!! Winter is characterized by short daylight hours, so timing is a crucial element. Plan to take photos during the late morning or early afternoon, as this offers the best lighting conditions for natural photos. Also, consider the weather forecast, as snow and cold can make the session challenging, especially for children. Make sure to inform your family members to arrive early to avoid delays. And bring snacks and drinks to keep the family energized throughout the photo shoot.
5. Making the most of the photo-shoot, allow each family member to express themselves naturally and bring out their personalities, which will make the final photos more meaningful. For instance, play games, make snow angels, or even have a snowball fight to create beautiful and candid shots.
Remember, the goal is to capture the joy and beauty of your family, so making it an stress-free and fun experience is essential.
In conclusion, winter family photos in Sisters, Oregon, are a unique and memorable experience. It offers families the opportunity to bond together while creating everlasting memories.
As your photographer, I will help you plan ahead, provide options for the right location and timing of your perfect winter family shoot.